Solved

First time user seeking a tutorial

• 25 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

I have chosen my pass for travel in Europe starting June 6 2023 ( 10 days in 2 months ). I’m coming from Australia . I am still hesitant to buy the pass because I find all the responses I’m reading contradictory. My first train journey would be Paris to Zürich on June 10. Could someone please walk me through the process including how and when to activists my pass. I would also like to book a seat. I understand I do that on the train companies website and that it differs for each one. Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by Mukhammad 28 February 2023, 11:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

I have chosen my pass for travel in Europe starting June 6 2023 ( 10 days in 2 months ). I’m coming from Australia . I am still hesitant to buy the pass because I find all the responses I’m reading contradictory. My first train journey would be Paris to Zürich on June 10. Could someone please walk me through the process including how and when to activists my pass. I would also like to book a seat. I understand I do that on the train companies website and that it differs for each one. Thank you. 

Hello @tmicheltracey,

We have a dedicated topic on how to use the mobile Pass on:

Also please note that you can choose to reserve seats on the train companies' websites or by using other ways. You may read the topic as well here: 

I hope the information will be sufficient for you. Have a nice day!

Badge +1

Unfortunately when I click on the link it says “ media not available “

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Mukhammad @Camilo. 

The video in the tutorial doesn't work and it hasn't worked for several months. Can you please ask the relevant persons to fix this ASAP?

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi @AnnaB and @tmicheltracey 

It should be fixed by now. 

In any case, this is the video: 

How to setup your mobile Pass | Eurail.com - YouTube

Badge

I feel your pain. It seems that each reservation, or trip will need its own QR code for the conductor to scan. How to make that happen is still a bit of a mystery to me, when I don’t know yet what trains I will need. I did see somewhere that if you can print a paper ticket you should. 

I am brand new to using a phone app for travel too.