Solved

German Rail Pass: Brussels-Innsbruck return trip possible?

• 14 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Dear community,

I am planning to travel from Brussels to Innsbruck and return. Would the German Rail Pass be valid on this trip? I am confused by reading this condition on the website “You cannot use the German Rail Pass to travel to or from Germany or any of the included destinations outside of Germany. This Pass is only valid for travel with participating train, ferry and public transport companies in Germany and some participating international trains.” https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/one-country-pass/german-rail-pass . 

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of trip? I’m especially worried the Pass is only valid in one direction of the trip (only trips departing from Germany going to Brussels/Innsbruck, and not the other way around).

Thank you for your help!

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 14 September 2023, 13:11

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I used the German rail pass already from Brussels. What you want to do is perfectly possible, no worries.

There’s no inbound/outbound rule on those country passes. You can use it on all DB trains reaching the included foreign destinations. So you can only use the ICE to get in or out of Brussels.

Great, thank you so much for your answer!