Solved

Germany Interrail Pass

Can I buy a one country Interrail pass for Germany as a paper ticket? I don’t want a mobile ticket. If so, how?

icon

Best answer by Nanja 22 July 2021, 12:46

The Interrail Germany Pass is only available as mobile ticket. Paper Passes can be bought on large International railway stations across Europe. As we sell our Passes online, I cannot inform you on where and which type of Passes are sold. 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Can I buy a one country Interrail pass for Germany as a paper ticket? I don’t want a mobile ticket. If so, how?

Yes, you can choose when you order online.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

The Interrail Germany Pass is only available as mobile ticket. Paper Passes can be bought on large International railway stations across Europe. As we sell our Passes online, I cannot inform you on where and which type of Passes are sold. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

You still can buy them as paper pass via Bahn.de or at German Ticket office on major stations called "DB Reisezentrum" 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

You still can buy them as paper pass via Bahn.de or at German Ticket office on major stations called "DB Reisezentrum" 

On the bahn.de website you have to know where to look. On it's Interrail page, DB now refers to bahn.interrail.de but it seems you can also still order via:

https://fahrkarten.bahn.de/privatkunde/shop/shopstart.post?GroupId=506

It should also be possible to oder via the DB phone service at +49 30 2970 (available 24/7).

Ordering via DB means the postage charges are lower (EUR 5.90).

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

The Interrail Germany Pass is only available as mobile ticket.

Any specific reason not to offer this pass as a paper pass, unlike the global pass?

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

It is in line with our focus on the mobile Pass, but other than that there is no specific reason. If a paper Pass is preferred, it can be purchased from DB, SBB and ÖBB.