Solved

Getting to France with a One Country France Pass. How?

• 15 February 2022
  • 3 replies

I only want to inter-rail through France, but I live in the UK and would prefer to take the Eurostar to get into France.

Does this mean I have to buy Eurostar tickets separately, or do I have to buy an Inter-rail ticket for 2 countries?

icon

Best answer by Josephine Lüttkenhorst 15 February 2022, 19:04

View original

3 replies

Hi Sarah,

the France pass only for France does not cover inbound and outbound travel, which means if you only by this pass, you would have to pay for the eurstar which brings you to France from the UK seperately. Your best options is probably to look into wether a 2 country pass is cheaper than the France pass and your ticket from the UK and back. 

Hope that helped :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also note that even with a global pass for all-EUR the supplmt you have to pay for that €* is often even higher as the cheapest advance ticket. And certainly as a bus (coach for you-FLIX or BlaBla). There are NO more 2-country passes, only for 1 or global=all of EUR.

But a global pass will also cover youre OUT and In bound trips if you do not live close by to London-even from Scotland.

Also be aware that ALL long-dist trains in FRance-those magic TGV and IC, want you to make REServations and these cost at least 10€/extra. There are many complaints about trains being full or those RES hard to get. If you make just a few short trips, a pass may not be worthwhile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also note that even with a global pass for all-EUR the supplmt you have to pay for that €* is often even higher as the cheapest advance ticket.

Eurostar pass fares are a bit cheaper than the cheapest advance fares. Or where did you see advance Eurostar fares London-Paris/Brussels under 30 EUR for a single?