Solved

Global Pass - app recommends 6 travel days

• 27 August 2022
  • 7 replies

Hey everyone 

Just a bit confused at the moment. I have used the rail planner map to plan my trip and I am planning on catching 5 train. 

1) London to Amsterdam

2) Amsterdam to Munich

3) Munich to Zurich

4) Zurich to Strasbourg

5) Strasbourg to Paris

Just confused that the rail planner app is recommending me to get a 6 travel day pass? (I will be flying in to London and flying out of Paris)

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 30 August 2022, 15:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no pass with 6 travel days. The note saying "6 travel days" just informs you about the number of travel days in your itinerary.

Are you sure that you haven't added another journey? The date on the itinerary says 17 November to 4 December.

I only have 6 destinations listed. 

Is it due to the fact that Amsterdam to Munich will be an overnight journey?

Otherwise I think I only have 5 travel days

Hey everyone 

Just a bit confused at the moment. I have used the rail planner map to plan my trip and I am planning on catching 5 train. 

1) London to Amsterdam

2) Amsterdam to Munich

3) Munich to Zurich

4) Zurich to Strasbourg

5) Strasbourg to Paris

Just confused that the rail planner app is recommending me to get a 6 travel day pass? (I will be flying in to London and flying out of Paris)

Hello! This looks like an interesting itinerary. This is an indication of how many travel days you need to use approximately. I would consider a 7 day Pass in 1 month in this case :)

Kind regards,

Annie

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@marcusvoola you need to calculate on how many different days that you will board trains. Depending on how you choose to travel you can use a different amount of travel days for the same route. There are no direct night trains from Amsterdam to Munich so if you want to travel that route over night that journey will use 2 travel days if you need to change trains after midnight. You need to check the timetables before you buy the pass.

A good place to check the timetable is bahn.com

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are no direct night trains from Amsterdam to Munich

The night train Amsterdam - Munich (- Innsbruck) was reinstated a few years ago :)

https://www.nightjet.com/de/reiseziele/deutschland/muenchen

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The night train Amsterdam - Munich (- Innsbruck) was reinstated a few years ago :)

Strange. I couldn't find that when I checked at bahn.com for tomorrow evening. All trains from Amsterdam to Munich had at least one change.

Strange. I couldn't find that when I checked at bahn.com for tomorrow evening. All trains from Amsterdam to Munich had at least one change.

It's indeed wrong in the DB planner when doing a normal query. By clicking on the train even DB shows that it is a direct train.

@AnnaB But at least you see there's still a need for people with knowledge even if there is in general all information available in the www. *g*