Solved

Global Pass covering Hildesheim - Karlsruhe?

Hi everyone, I would like to travel from Germany to France to get my journey started. Therefore, I have to take a train from Hildesheim which is my hometown to Karlsruhe to get then a further train to Paris. Is it possible to use my ticket already from Hildesheim to Karlsruhe? Or am I only allowed to use the ticket from Karlsruhe to Paris? This means that I have to buy a ticket from Hildesheim to Karlsruhe, right? 
Thanks for your help! 
Best, 

Bele :)

icon

Best answer by Angelo 2 July 2022, 17:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi your Interrail Pass is valid from Hildesheim in all DB trains (like ICE, IC, EC, RB, RE, S-Bahn) and other companies that run RB and RE trains, but also S-Bahn. In your home country you are only allowed to use trains on two days.

Hi your Interrail Pass is valid from Hildesheim in all DB trains (like ICE, IC, EC, RB, RE, S-Bahn) and other companies that run RB and RE trains, but also S-Bahn. In your home country you are only allowed to use trains on two days.

Thanks! So it’s fine to use two trains within Germany? Even if the first train stays in Germany? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes you can take 58493850943 trains on that day in your home country. As many as you can *enter* before midnight of that day.