Skip to main content

Global Pass: Does the price change if buying the pass last minute or not?

Is there a price difference of when you buy the Global Pass? Meaning if I buy the Global Pass 2 months before I start using it, will it be cheaper vs. buying it last minute?

The question arises from that of: Do I save money if I buy it in advance or not?

@Hector 

The price for the Eurail Pass won´t change the Prices on Eurail.eu are the Standard Prices and doesn´t matter if you book them 10months in advance or few hours before your start :)

Eurail offer over the year some promotional actions like discounts up to 15% or paying 2nd Class pass and get a 1st Class pass 🙂 There is no fixed shedule when a Promotional action starts 🙂 There is usually one around Christmas/New Year, sometimes one arround the 14th Feb, Spring, Easter & Autumn 🙂 As you have after purchase of the Eurailpass 11months to activate it maybe worth to book a pass when such Promotional action is active even if you have not a fixed shedule :)

Please note that you maybe have to Pay on top of the Railpass for Reservations (very common in France,Spain,Italy where Highspeedtrains are reservation compulsory and cost usually 10-20€ for domestic ones and up to 56€for International ones)

The budget railpasses are mostly without money back if not used, the full price is refundable. Prices are always set for the calender year. They are set in (of course) €€€€€, so in your local currency the final price to pay may differ through the year as exchange rates may alter. 

Thank You Very Much for the simple answer, I liked that thanks again.