Solved

Global Pass - How many days do i need?

Hi,

I’m planning a short trip with my daughter this Summer visiting 3 countries. When i use the online planner on the Interrail website it says i need 5 days for the following journey, whereas i make it 4…?

Home UK to London to Paris - 1 Day

Paris to Amsterdam - 1 Day

Amsterdam to Antwerp - 1 Day

Antwerp to London to Home UK - 1 Day

Can anyone advise please?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 June 2022, 21:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That's 4 travel days.

Do check this against booking normal advance tickets, taking into account the pass reservations you will need (except for Amsterdam - Antwerp, which has an hourly reservation-free intercity service).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Forget pass-just book advance direct, I assume you also book HTLs etc fixed-so you can do trains same. Saves the hassle+nerves for all these seat-only bookings too. If you wont believe-just compare prices.

IF you book at least 7 days advance the normal hourly trains Ams-Antw are cheaper and even stil without fixed timings-can use any of these trains on the day.

Hint: €* says it offers many seats but for RETUrn only from LON to Belgium (from 78€ for the 2, just a little more as the supplmt you have to pay with pass-get off at LIlle onward and use TGV to Paris from there (and maybe even see this town for a few hrs).

P→ Ams is thalys.com A,ms-Antw is nsinternational.com or also b-europe.com

For child it all depends on age.