Solved

Global Pass Inbound/outbound trouble

• 17 April 2022
  • 2 replies

I used one of my inbound/outbound journeys to go from Germany to Amsterdam. On the first train I had no trouble, but on the second one, the ticket inspector told me my pass wasn't valid in Germany and that I had to buy a ticket to the border, which I eventually did because I didn't want to get kicked off the train. But after checking afterwards I realised I was actually in the right. Do you have any tips for me on how to get reimbursed for the extra ticket?

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 April 2022, 15:46

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I’m sorry to hear that, your ticket should work. Which train was it? Because someone had something similar some weeks ago. 

Please keep the recipe of the fine with you to protest. You can ask directly Deutsche Bahn or the train operator of the train to get back the money. More Information should be on the fine how you can protest. Please note, that you have to protest in a time limit of some days. 

In a second case you could ask directly help via Interrail Help Form https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new , but I would suggest to ask directly to the train operator you got a fine that you are ok with your ticket. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did the ticket inspector say why he thought your pass wasn't valid in Germany?

In any case, do report this to customer service (using Angelo's link) with all details you have (date, time, the exact train, etc). Interrail/Eurail will take this up with DB since it does indeed sound they should not have fined you.

As far as I know, there should also have been the possibility to get a Fahrpreisnacherhebung, which means you don't pay on the train but you can protest or pay within 14 days.