Solved

Global Pass travel day

• 6 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I am a UK citizen. Can I travel from my home in Manchester to Luxembourg using just one of my Global Pass 10 day in 2 month tickets , I want to travel to London and then get Eurostar via Brussels to Luxembourg? I know I have to get a reservation for Eurostar and this is an additional cost.

I want to use my final ticket from Reims to Manchester going via Paris to London on Eurostar and then on to Manchester in one day?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 7 November 2021, 14:01

View original

7 replies

Thanks, that’s great news.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@philpq  Interrail is still valid in UK. ATOC announced to leave Eurail and Interrail but just one day later they said they wanna stay. Means nothing changed :)

Yes you can use your Outbound journey to get from North Scotland to Paris (note that Eurostar needs a reservation)

I’m planning to use Interrail for holidays in Europe later this year. While doing research on the www, I read that Interrail passes were no longer valid in the UK. I also read that the Interrail pass is valid in the UK for my outbound travel day. Which is correct? I live in the North of Scotland and it would be nice if I could travel outbound from home to Paris.

Thank you so much for this really helpful reply, much appreciated 

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does London St Pancras International count as the border? So if we travel from London St Pancras to Luxembourg will I be ok to use 1 of my 10 tickets? 

Interrail does not work with tickets but with travel days. You can travel as much as you want on each of those days. On 2 of those days, you can use Interrail in your country of residence (inbound/outbound journeys).

London is not the border. You will use an in/outbound journey when using Eurostar with an Interrail reservation. But if you're starting in Manchester on the same day, you will already have an active in/outbound journey so that will also be valid for Eurostar.

Hi it still did not answer my question.

I will ask it in this way

Does London St Pancras International count as the border? So if we travel from London St Pancras to Luxembourg will I be ok to use 1 of my 10 tickets? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes it is possible, just use your travel day and a outbound. You can only use Interrail in your country to get from your home to the border or airport and one time back. This is the outbound/inbound rule.  

Travel in your own country | Interrail.eu