Solved

Greek ferry booking - global pass

• 16 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 13 replies

Hi, I am trying to make a reservation on a domestic greek ferry. The last years, I have made it through email, but this year they want me to do it online. They want me to enter my activated pass cover number. 

I have tried to explain, that I have a paper pass. They don't seem to understand me, and asking for the same activated number. 

Anyone know if it not possible to use the paper pass anymore, to get the discount? 

Eurail/Interrail: it is mandatory to insert the activated Pass Cover Number during the booking process.  This is from the web site. Nothing about paper passes. 

Regards Karina 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 16 March 2024, 22:03

View original

4 replies

Hi, I am trying to make a reservation on a domestic greek ferry. The last years, I have made it through email, but this year they want me to do it online. They want me to enter my activated pass cover number. 

I have tried to explain, that I have a paper pass. They don't seem to understand me, and asking for the same activated number. 

Anyone know if it not possible to use the paper pass anymore, to get the discount? 

Eurail/Interrail: it is mandatory to insert the activated Pass Cover Number during the booking process.  This is from the web site. Nothing about paper passes. 

Regards Karina 

It's not easy to understand what your exact problem is. That's because your posting is missing relevant information (e.g. where you are trying to book anything, what route).

"Eurail/Interrail: it is mandatory to insert the activated Pass Cover Number during the booking process.". 

This is from the Superfast webpage. So I assume you are trying to book there? When booking a domestic trip with them, it's possible to enter a global pass as reduction to get the reduction (if applicable). And it does show the reduction on the trips I tried. 

Then: Your paper pass has a pass cover number printed on the cover. So you do have one.

So it's no problem to book a trip on their website if applicable (see the rules).

(?)

Badge +1

Regards Karina 

It's not easy to understand what your exact problem is. That's because your posting is missing relevant information (e.g. where you are trying to book anything, what route).

"Eurail/Interrail: it is mandatory to insert the activated Pass Cover Number during the booking process.". 

This is from the Superfast webpage. So I assume you are trying to book there? When booking a domestic trip with them, it's possible to enter a global pass as reduction to get the reduction (if applicable). And it does show the reduction on the trips I tried. 

Then: Your paper pass has a pass cover number printed on the cover. So you do have one.

So it's no problem to book a trip on their website if applicable (see the rules). (?)

I can only enter my pass number for a deck seat, and not when I want to book a cabin. 

Regards Karina 

So it's no problem to book a trip on their website if applicable (see the rules). (?)

I can only enter my pass number for a deck seat, and not when I want to book a cabin. 

That's correct. The discount with a global pass applies only to economy class (seats) (not even other seat types). 

You need to ask personally to upgrade (subject to availability).

Badge +1

The last 2 years it hasn't been a problem. I must try to speak to them again.