Solved

Greek Islands Pass - NOT being able to activate the pass and reservate the different ferry

• 13 July 2022
  • 2 replies

👋🏻 Hi, good afternoon! We are a couple from Barcelona. We have paid the Greek Island Pass (4 days within a month) and have already the ID of the reservation.

📲 Now we need to activate the pass in the Interrail app but our ID does NOT work. Considerint we are travelling on August (busy ferries, I suppose), we want to activate the pass and reservate the different ferries Athens - Santorini - Naxos. 

😓😓 THE PROBLEM: The app gives us an error by which our ID is not valid. We think this is due to our start date pass: 15th August. Does this mean we won't be able to reservate the ferries until 15th August? We want guarantees... And do NOT have any email response. Help please!!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 22 July 2022, 15:14

View original

2 replies

Hello there!

Please allow me to clarify that the Greek Islands Pass is available in paper format, therefore you don't need to add it in the app. 
Also, please let me explain that the Pass and seat reservations are independent and, as such, reservations will not show in the app. You will receive them by email or by post-depending on the type of reservation offered- and you will need to show the Pass and the seat reservations during controls. Please check our benefits portal link, then type '’Greece'’ on the search box on the top of the page. Depending on which ferries you wish to book, choose the corresponding ferry line company and follow the instructions of how to retrieve your reservations discount!

Pass Benefits Portal (eurail.com)

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards,

Annie

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice to see that support now apparently also has a GR person working. There are so many Qs about this pass which none of the regulars has ever used by themselves.

It IS-as others have reported, quite possible to simply also REServe online via site of ferry-comp. and choosing the appropriate pass then. For deck-passage in the end that fare shows as 0-you have to pay for any additional accomodation onboard