Solved

Has anybody a solution to non-extended passes?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

I have just joined the community and see that there is an issue with interrail passes that were supposedly automatically extended to August this year, but are now showing as expired.

I realised yesterday (18/05) that my passes had also disappeared as I prepared to use them in a few weeks time. I have contacted interrail but, like others, have only received the automatic reply that they are very busy.

Has anybody yet succeeded in getting their passes revived yet. I have tried the “solutions” suggested in earlier posts with Zero success.

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 20 May 2022, 01:41

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Delighted to say I have solved my problem.

I was having problems with activating 2 passes on my computer browser which insisted they were expired. I tried following the described process on the mobile app and it worked fine. Both passes activated perfectly and first journey added easily.

Interestingly my account on the computer has a different set of “trips” to the ones on the app. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interestingly my account on the computer has a different set of “trips” to the ones on the app. 

In the account on the Interrail website, a trip is created when you buy a pass (one trip per order, by the way, which makes no sense if you buy 2 passes for yourself). There's no real synchronisation between them, except that start and end date wil be updated when you activate the pass. I believe they're planning to have synchronisation in future. (But I hope they'll fix the various bugs first.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

In the account on the Interrail website, a trip is created when you buy a pass (one trip per order, by the way, which makes no sense if you buy 2 passes for yourself). There's no real synchronisation between them, except that start and end date wil be updated when you activate the pass. I believe they're planning to have synchronisation in future. (But I hope they'll fix the various bugs first.)

So I assume the “trips” to work with are those I create on the mobile App and the ones on the browser are pointless but can’t be deleted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So I assume the “trips” to work with are those I create on the mobile App and the ones on the browser are pointless but can’t be deleted.

The ones in your account are used when you look for reservations on the Interrail website: to check if your pass is valid (albeit not without bugs).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Thanks for your clarification.