Solved

Home journey with night train and change in home country

• 11 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello guys, 

I want to travel home from Gothenburg to Frankfurt (Main) but I wont have a connection that will bring me home in one day.

I have to take a night train from Gothenburg to Hamburg and then change trains in Hamburg to get to Frankfurt on the next morning.

Now my Question: Can I count this whole journey as one inbound travelday or do I have to buy a ticket from Hamburg to Frankfurt/plan a stop in Denmark so I can make it in one day? 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 11 July 2022, 21:07

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is a way to fix this as long as the train enters Germany on the same day as the arrival in Hamburg. @seewulf and @rvdborgt knows how to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You have to use 2 traveldays-also in the solution that anna mentions-as otherwise the app thinks you have 3 traveldays in DE=impossible. It boils down to making 2 trips: day 1 is fra Göteborg till Padborg/grenze-day 2 from there to home (may have to set manually)-train passes (and I hope you got that RES-it is really needed.

ALT: buy for 9€ and use nahverkehr fra HH till F=takes a long time, half of it have to stand crushed.

ALT-if NO RES: use the other DSB overnite fra K/obenhvn till Fredericia/Kolding-then onward from there=pass also border day 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You have to use 2 traveldays-

Yes 2 travelday but only 1 day in Germany. There is a way to do this by splitting the trip in 2 parts and then you only use 1 travel day, but I don't know exactly how to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I found the topic with the solution to your problem. 

https://community.eurail.com/eurail-interrail-passes-41/inbound-night-train-problem-2751

Please ask if you need more advice.