Solved

How do I choose my seat when making a reservation on TGV trains using a Eurail Global pass?

• 28 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought a Eurail Global pass for an upcoming family trip across Europe.  I’ve been able to make a 4 seat reservation for a train from Bordeaux to Narbonne (ultimately on to Barcelona from there). When making the reservation, I was unable to actually choose the floor, or seats.  I was looking for four seats facing each other, on the upper deck...preferably in the family section.  The site just automatically assigned me four seats. I have no idea where these seats are on the train, if they’re in the family section or if they are facing each other.  

Before I bought Eurail pass, I almost purchased a group of tickets from the site without using a pass. That process allowed me to choose the type of seat and section.  I’m thinking I may be just done it wrong this time.  

Any words of wisdom or tips?

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 28 May 2023, 16:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi you can’t select a specific seat via Eurail.com reservation service. 

SNCF Website does not sell reservations for Eurail users. 

Maybe the SNCF Call Center, SNCF ticket office or a SNCF ticket machine can help with a specific seat allocation. Also possible to ask other railways in Europe like SNCB/NMBS or NS International.

Often you can slightly pay less for reservations if you don’t use Eurail reservation system but other ways.

Tipps where you can buy it elsewhere: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can check which seats you have with the these seat numbering plans:

https://www.seat61.com/european-train-seating-plans.htm#France