Solved

How do I delete empty travel days ?

• 17 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi, I have a problem with my 4 day global pass, because it shows an empty day with no trips as a travel day. Thus, I cannot complete my journey! Help help....
The 'empty day' was originally assigned as my first travel day, but I changed that and left earlier. However, I was never able to remove that day - there was no option in my app - and it also did not vanish by itself although I did not travel and had no trips on that day. How can this be changed?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 18 April 2022, 00:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only cancel travel days before they have started. And precisely because plans can change, it's better not to activate a pass a long time in advance. Because if you then forget to cancel a travel day, then you loose it. Unless you contact customer service and ask them to cancel it. Do mention when you want to use it.

Well, I did not forget to cancel the day, I was simply not able to do so. Shouldn’t there be an entry in the context menu of an empty travel day to cancel it? But there was none. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Cancelling a travel day works like this:

1. Go to My Pass.
  2. Select the travel day you want to cancel.
  3. Tap on Cancel travel day.

Of course, the travel day may not have started yet.

Well, that’s exactly what I expected it to work, and what I tried to do.

However, In my App Version, Android 23.1.0, this option was never available, not even before the day passed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well, that’s exactly what I expected it to work, and what I tried to do.

However, In my App Version, Android 23.1.0, this option was never available, not even before the day passed. 

I used that option just last week. Albeit still in version 22.x.

Hi!

I’m facing exactly the same problem. I sent a lot of emails to the customer service team in order to remove two travel days I accidentally selected and could not remove. I only received messages that they will forward my mail and that I have to wait, which at this moment becomes quite annoying as I’m running out of travel days.

Olaf, were you able to fix it in the end?

At the end, support added another day in my case, but, it took them almost a week. Try to PM the community Manager, maybe she can raise the issue with tech support. Good Luck! https://community.eurail.com/members/nanja-9

Thanks for the tip! I’ll send a message