Solved

How to get a caregiver pass

Hi,

I want to start my interrail trip next week. About 2 weeks ago I found out about the complementary caregiver pass and submitted a support request (Id #212586) but I haven't got a reply yet.

How do I get the caregiver pass?

I am eligible for a caregiver (“begleitperson”) in Germany but I don't know if this makes me eligible for a complementary interrail caregiver pass.

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 13 July 2022, 09:42

View original

13 replies

Does anybody know what to do?

It would be really helpful to get this complementary caregiver pass because I need some assistance while traveling.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Did you inform Customer Support about the start date of your travel when you made the request? 

You can try to reach Customer Support through Social Media. Sometimes that works.

I suggest that you log into the request database and check the status and priority of your request.

Use this link to come to the request database.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Click "Sign in" in the upper right corner.

Enter your email address and Click " Get a password".

If the system doesn't recognise your email address, then there is no request registered and you need to go back to the start screen and enter a request.

If you get a password, you can then log in and look at the status of your request.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Travelers with a disability are eligible for one free pass for their caregiver. Please contact our customer service team via email or reach out to us on social media. Our team will ask you to submit any kind of documentation as proof of your disability. Once we've reviewed this, we will ask for caregiver's details so that we can issue a complimentary pass for them. The caregiver's pass will have the exact same class and validity as the traveler's. Hope that helps! 

I submitted the request (Id #212586) about 2 weeks ago but I couldn't add the start date to the ticket details. I put the start date in the description/text of the request.

It is still open and has priority normal but now it's already less than a week until I want to start traveling.

Please contact our customer service team via email or reach out to us on social media.

Thanks for the answer. I can't find the email address of customer service. Do you know where I can find it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi.Moll 

As @peter1337 already has an open request with Customer Support, you should be able to handles this issue that way.

Ok I added documentation of my disability to the request (Id #212586).

What's next?

Should I also add the caregiver's details? What information do you need about them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@peter1337  You need to try to get help from @Claudi.Moll 

I just realised that this question was marked as solved but it isn't solved for me. Maybe I chose a misleading title for it.

@AnnaB How do I get help from @Claudi.Moll ? Should I open a new question so that it shows as unsolved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just realised that this question was marked as solved but it isn't solved for me. Maybe I chose a misleading title for it.

@AnnaBHow do I get help from @Claudi.Moll ? Should I open a new question so that it shows as unsolved?

I had hoped that she would reach out to you as I tagged her. You also tagged her with the question about the email address. 

Maybe the best is to try Social Media with Customer Support. 

Ok I kinda lost hope that this gets resolved in time as it's the last day before the weekend.

When you contact interrail over Facebook messenger you chat with the same bot as on the interrail website. So this will just create another support request which probably won't be solved faster than the one I submitted 2 weeks ago.

I also went to the service center at my local train station where you can also buy your interrail pass. They only know how to book the child pass and nothing about the caregiver pass.

I admit that I should have looked and applied for this pass earlier but I also find the process too complicated (e.g. you have to submit your request through the “normal" customer service and thus wait in line with all the other requests.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Claudi.Moll @Nanja 

Can you please sort this ASAP.

Still no progress/answer on my support request     #212586

:/