Solved

I Couldn’t reserve the seat from Geneva to Paris (Gare de Lyon)

• 3 November 2022
  • 3 replies

I am not sure what’s wrong with the seat reservation from Geneva to Paris (Gare de Lyon). I tried so hard to reserve the the seat on 5 Dec (even on other days/ other times), the website shows the timetable. However, the payment page, it appreared that “please try to find an alternate connection. The available leg will be removed from your cart”

I have Global Eurail pass, so I would like to use it and willing to pay for the seat reservation for extra. Could you pls suggest me? I don’t know any problem happens.

icon

Best answer by Angelo 3 November 2022, 15:12

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, 

maybe the train is full or there is a problem with booking. 

I will tag some Eurail Staff to look after it: @Claudi. 

If possible I would try to book an other train, or you can avoid the trains Geneva-Paris that can be booked online only via eurail.com, taking the TER local trains Geneva-Lyon and from there TGV service to Paris. 

For TGV services inside France you can book also online via travel.b-europe via this link: https://travel.b-europe.com/Eurail-GE/en/booking-tgv#TravelWish, you need a cover number that you get here: 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You could book the same TGV from Bellegarde (the first stop in France) for €10 or €20 and use a TER train between Geneva and Bellegarde.

Thank you so muchhh