Solved

I keep getting the Ticket type is changed to paper ticket notification

Hi there,

I've been trying to book a nighttrain from Prague to Budapest for some hours now… Everytime i'm about to make the reservation, i get the notification ‘Ticket Type is changed to paper ticket'. I dont understand it…. i have a mobile pass so why does it keep changing to a paper ticket?? Do i really need a paper ticket for this train? Can i trying booking elsewhere so that i have a digital ticket? Please help me out if you can :)

Julia

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 20 August 2022, 09:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That night train can normally be booked on the CD website, with an electronic ticket.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hello, I appreciate that this response is likely too late to be useful, but just in case other travelers had the same question: Reservations for certain journeys when booked through our self-service may only be issued in paper format. The most notable being reservations for journeys between Spain and France, journeys within Poland, and indeed, between the Czech Republic and Hungary. We do always issue electronic tickets when possible, so if this is not available, then it's safe to assume that there is no electronic alternative available. If you will not receive the tickets in time, you can either make reservations locally at the station, or via the website suggested by @rvdborgt :)