Solved

ID for Mobile Pass activation

• 14 April 2022
  • 5 replies

• Right on track
  • 9 replies

I have a Dutch permanent resident card, and a non EU passport. So Should I use a permanent resident card ID for Interrail Pass activation? Do I need to bring a passport with me if I travel only in Germany, Austria, Hungary, and Italy? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 14 April 2022, 21:50

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A residence card cannot be used as an ID. It is not a travel document, it only shows where you live and is only valid together with an ID such as a passport.

So in short: you need to use your passport both for your pass and for travelling.

Oh my...I have already activate with residence card ID, @rvdborgt 

How can I change ID number after activation? I need to travel already next week. Please help,  thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

How can I change ID number after activation? I need to travel already next week.

You can only do that via customer service. Tell them what needs to be changed and when you need to travel.

How can I change ID number after activation? I need to travel already next week.

You can only do that via customer service. Tell them what needs to be changed and when you need to travel.

Thank you very much @rvdborgt   it is good that I asked here first. I was my first time using an interrail. I have just contacted customer service but I am still very worried, how long will it take to fix this? I am travelling next Friday 22 APR. Should I cancel the travel day already?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have just contacted customer service but I am still very worried, how long will it take to fix this? I am travelling next Friday 22 APR. Should I cancel the travel day already?

No, don't worry too much. Often, ticket inspectors don't ask for ID and if they do before the number is corrected, just give your residence card. They normally just compare name, number and birth date.