Solved

Impossibility to acess the app due to IOS 13.0

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all,

I have a major problem with my Interrail mobile pass. I use the Rail Planner app on my Iphone 6 and everything went well until 3 days ago, when the app was updated and could only be used with an IOS 13.0 version. Unfortunately, I cannot install it on phone. Then, I don’t have access to my app anymore. My pass ends in two weeks and I really need to use it to come back.

Has someone experienced the same problem ? If someone could help me find a solution, I will be so grateful !

Thanks in advance !

icon

Best answer by Ziblibli 29 April 2022, 14:10

View original

31 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The minimum version is currently indicated as IOS 13:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/eurail-interrail-rail-planner/id579547877

This may have recently changed (not sure how to check this), but the currently valid conditions of use mention IOS 10 as the minimum version:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/terms-conditions/interrail-pass-conditions-of-use

(article 1.2.1 Supported devices)

If you have at least IOS 10, then you are entitled to use the app. In that case, Please contact customer service and mention that you are currently travelling and need a solution.

Any extra costs on your side are for Interrail.

@Nanja, this is yet another serious problem with the latest IOS update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @rvdborgt ,

Thanks again for your helpful answer. Finally I just succeeded in downloading the app again, although I tried several times yesterday and it wasn’t working. However, I cannot add my pass anymore. I will contact the customer service again because I need to travel by the beginning of next week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Happy to hear you managed to have it working again. Our Customer support team can indeed help you to unregister your Pass so that you can connect it again, Ziblibli. 
@rvdborgt, in case of a technical issue it is best if the user fills out the form and enables the error log in the app. This way our It team has all the necessary information they need to assist and determine if these are individual cases or related to the same issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

, in case of a technical issue it is best if the user fills out the form and enables the error log in the app. This way our It team has all the necessary information they need to assist and determine if these are individual cases or related to the same issue. 

That's why I also suggested here to contact customer service.

However, that does not necessarily help if the app suddenly requires IOS 13 whereas Eurail says in the terms and conditions that iOS 10 is enough. I've seen more complaints about this, e.g. in the Facebook group. It is certainly not good practice to change this without notice. Such an unannounced change creates problems for Eurail itself and for pass holders on iOS 10/11/12.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Thanks for your comment. I've passed it on to the relevant team, like mentioned in the other topic on the same issue. I will get back to you once I know more. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Nanja, thanks for your answer. For now I haven’t got any response from the support team and I need to travel on this Wednesday, Thurdsay and then next week. I still cannot add my mobile pass to my app and have already sent several messages to the team. I understand they are busy, but I cannot travel. What can I do ? Thanks !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry to bother again, but I really need to take the train tomorrow and the customer service still hasn’t answered since last Friday. I still cannot access my mobile pass in the app. 

If I pay for my next tickets, how can I be sure that I’ll be reimbursed by Interrail ? Thanks !

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good luck. I’m in a similar situation. No reply from support (email) since last Thursday. Nothing on Twitter either but you could try there instead.

(I stopped being able to add journey/day to my pass, it was working fine a few days before. Can’t update to the new version of the app (because also iPhone 6).)

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi Ziblibli, I have flagged it with Customer Support today and one of our agents got back to your message just now to assist you. Hopefully you can go with one of the options suggested. 

Hi @Katia Hervy, they are working in order of priority (the ones travelling come first) When are you planning to travel? 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Katia Hervy, they are working in order of priority (the ones travelling come first) When are you planning to travel? 

Thanks @Nanja . Travelling from tomorrow but I have all the tickets for this. I need to add travel days for 01 May, 03 May and 09May. (I’ve already enabled the error logging but there is no sharing option)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Nanja,

Thanks for your message. Indeed someone got back to me 25 minutes ago but he told me that he had unlinked my pass, and I don’t know what it means, given that I still cannot add my mobile pass to the app. I keep receiving a message to contact customer support.

What can I do ?

Many thanks !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

​​​Thanks for your message. Indeed someone got back to me 25 minutes ago but he told me that he had unlinked my pass, and I don’t know what it means, given that I still cannot add my mobile pass to the app. I keep receiving a message to contact customer support.

“Unlinked your pass“ I think means it has been unlinked from your device and you can now (in theory) activate it again.

In which step of the activation process are you stuck?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks @rvdborgt. I have the app, not the latest version as I have an Iphone 6, but I have it. I have a mobile pass. I had to desinstall the app several times during the last weeks and each time I have been able to activate my mobile pass again.

Right now, when I go the “my pass” section, I am asked to install again my mobile pass. And each , when I write my surname eand pass number, I receive the same message “something went wrong, please contact customer service”.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you already enabled error logging? (Go to More > Settings, scroll to the bottom)

It will not solve your problem, but after enabling, if you try it once again, then customer service will have logging to look at.

Other than that, please keep nagging customer service with detailed descriptions of what doesn't work.

If you have extra costs because of this, Interrail way have to refund them.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@rvdborgt Yes indeed I enabled error logging last Friday.

You mean I should write many emails to the customer service, in addition to my three previous ? Anyway, I don’t think I will solve the problem in time, so I think I will have to pay the ticket for tomorrow.

If I keep the ticket I will be refunded then ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You mean I should write many emails to the customer service, in addition to my three previous ?

I don't know how often you have already written. In any case, do reply to the message that they had unlinked your pass, since you still can't use it. (If you haven't done that yet.)

Anyway, I don’t think I will solve the problem in time, so I think I will have to pay the ticket for tomorrow.

If I keep the ticket I will be refunded then ?

Yes, keep all tickets and receipts of your extra costs and request a refund after your trip.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks for your answer @rvdborgt .

I just wrote again to the customer service, hopefully they will be able to fix my problem this morning. I well replied to every message they sent me.

Hopefully I will be reimbursed if I have to pay for each train ticket.

Have a nice day.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Sorry but this problem is clearly not solved as it has been marked, it will be when I will either be reimbursed and I don’t know when, or when I am able again to add my mobile pass.

@Nanja, do you think you could flag customer support again ? Even if @rvdborgt told me I would be reimbursed, and I thank you for the time you take to answer me, I really appreciate it, I would need a written answer from them assuring me that I will fully be reimbursed, and they haven’t replied to my last messages since yesterday evening although my train is this morning.

Thanks +++ !

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Nanja, do you think you could flag customer support again ? Even if @rvdborgt told me I would be reimbursed, and I thank you for the time you take to answer me, I really appreciate it, I would need a written answer from them assuring me that I will fully be reimbursed, and they haven’t replied to my last messages since yesterday evening although my train is this morning.

Thanks +++ !

Hope your travel is going well @Ziblibli , all things considered. Interested to know how you get on with trying to get reimbursed - unless I hear back soon with  a solution, I will be in the same situation as yourself 😓 (I’m not planning to buy a new phone so I can install the new app version!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Adding @Leo since Nanja is not in the office.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Katia Hervy for sure I’ll let you know. Apart from that everything going well with my trip :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Sorry but this problem is clearly not solved as it has been marked, it will be when I will either be reimbursed and I don’t know when, or when I am able again to add my mobile pass.

Thanks +++ !

Hi Ziblibli, I just flagged it again. Cheers,

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Marion, thanks. I think we can leave my problem in stand-by as the customer service answered me and told me that the only solution fr  now is that I pay for all my remaining days and ask for a refund afterwards. 

I’ll ask you if I have more questions :) 

Many thanks !

Userlevel 1
Badge

If this can help some travellers, the app is running again for me. I don’t know until when, but at least I can use it since this morning.

If some people experienced the same problem than me about the IOS update, you can try to access your app today again. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

If this can help some travellers, the app is running again for me. I don’t know until when, but at least I can use it since this morning.

If some people experienced the same problem than me about the IOS update, you can try to access your app today again. 

Yes! I just realised 2 days ago. It’s too late for this pass for me as I had to purchase the tickets I needed for this specific trip but at least I feel like I might use interrail again whereas I thought that might be it.