Solved

Inbound/Outbound- 4 Days in One Month

• 8 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello,

I am a bit confused about the inbound/outbound rules. I have a FlexiPass with 4 days in one month. I planned to go from Germany (country of residence) to the Netherlands, stay there a few days and then come back to Germany. After that I am also planning to go from Germany to France, stay there for a few days and come back to Germany. If I try to add these trips to my pass, I can only add the way to and from the Netherlands and the App tells me, I’ve used up my inbound/outbound days. Does that mean I have to buy seperate tickets for my travels to France and back? 

Thank you in advance from Mimi  :) 

icon

Best answer by runner.on.rails 8 August 2022, 18:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi.

It is stated quite clear in the terms and conditions interrail is basically not valid in your country of residence, except when using an out or inbound day. and you get two of them in total.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

There are many posts on this rule but simply with all passes you are only allowed to travel in your own country on 2 days. 

All other travel days must be outside your country of residence (as shown on your pass).  The app will not allow you to add/validate any journeys that travel in part or in whole within your home country after you have used the 2 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Also: lesen ist es immer sehr wert-bei alles gibt es ja Konditionen, iB DEutsche sollten das doch schon ..zig mal erlebt haben. Ausserdem-je nach Ziel in FR kann es auch so sein das einfach Sparpreis auf bahn billiger auskommt-aber das wird wohl zu spaet sein- sogar kann mann alle Paesse sofort bei DB kaufen als Papier. Mit die Beratung die wie nun hier wieder zum 12345en Mal tun mussen umsonst dabei.

Wie du sicher&bestimmt wisst: noch bis zum 31/8 kann mann mit das 9€ nach Lust&laune-aber nicht immer ganz bequem, hindurch DE-bis zum letzten Bhf VOR grenze-ausser Hengelo in NL. Offiziell geht es nicht-aber Venlo geht im Praxis auch immer.

Die AUS und EINreise tage muessen nicht am beginn und end genommen werden.

Achtung: iB die durchgehende TGV/ICE nach FR sind SEHR teuer als extra REServ. und haben ausserdem sehr beschraenkte Quoten. Sehr viel besser-aber das nimmt mehr Zeit-nimmt mann RE/RB über Grenze DE-FR-je nach Herkunft und Ziel.