Solved

Interrail app is deleting my journeys...

Hey guys! Me and my best friend are travelling on Sunday and I’m still experiencing difficulties with the app. When she shares our journey, I can save it down and add it to my Interrail Global Pass. I can see all the journeys and add them to my pass. 

When I open the app again all the journeys are gone.. 
Ive tried to add them manually but are experiencing the same problem. 

I have an iPhone and have the latest version of the app 

Anyone that has experienced the same?  

Thanks! 

// Jasmine 

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 28 June 2022, 11:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Does your friend have an IPhone or Android? Are any of the journeys added manually?

There is a bug that makes journeys dissappear on IPhones if you add jouneys manually.

The advice from experienced travellers is no neither connect any journeys to your pass until just before boarding the train, nor to activate the pass until just before boarding the first train. Read more about that below. 

I recommend you to deactivate you pass at the latest on Saturday evening and then activate it again just before boarding the train on Sunday. 

When you choose the start day of the validity of the pass, the first day of the validity period is automatically made a travel day, even if you don't enter a journey, the advice is therefore not to activate the pass before the first travel day as you only can deactivate the pass before 00.00 on the day the validity starts. If your travel plans change in the last moment you will loose travel days.

The advice from the experienced travellers in the community is also never to activate a travel day, that is connect a journey to your pass, until just before boarding the train, otherwise you might loose a travel day if your travel plans change in a late stage  You can't delete a travel day in the past. A travel day can only be deleted until 23.59 CET the day before the travel day

Thank you Anna!

Another question… When Im on the road and cant deactivate the pass (if I understand it correctlty), what do you suggest I do? To add each trip individually just before I enter the train and add them to my pass? 

Do you know any way to print the tickets so I can have a paper-back-up?

I have a monthly pass so its OK to lose a day just that it works when Im on the road… 
My friend has an android and I an iPhone.. 

Best 

Jasmine 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Once you have started to travel you can't deactivate the pass. The deactivation is only possible before your first travel day.

Regarding the journeys you can add them to "My trip" in advance and then connect them to your pass just before boarding.