Solved

Interrail day system

• 11 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, I would like to make sure I understand the Interrail day system ! I've drawn a trip I'd like to make and the calculator predicts 8 days of travel. I live in Clermont Ferrand, so I would only take the train 7 times to get home when I read the map. Why does the system advise me a minimum of 8 days ?

Best,

icon

Best answer by Hektor 11 February 2023, 18:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your map indeed only shows 7 journeys but you'd better use a reliable planner, such as the Deutsche Bahn planner, to check timetables and only then count the number of travel days. Stockholm to France will probably take more than 1 travel day.

The screenshot shows that you did choose your home town as your first destination. 

That’s why the system thinks you’d need 8 days. There’s one day counted to go to Clermont Ferrand.

Funny thing indeed: You’ll really need 8 days as you won’t be able to go from Stockholm to Clermont Ferrand with one travel day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As there is no pass for 8 days you could (I hope this does not get too complique):

1.buy for 7 and just a single ticket for the shortest/cheapest ride in between somewhere (probably In IT). OR book a flite if you can find low price for a rather long tip in between-to and back from STO seems to me rather boring. Sorry/excuses if you are of the green-eco never no flying party

2.buy for 10, as the diff between 7 and 10 is not that big and use it for leeway/marge and/or some nice sidetrips whilst staying somewhere.

Note that STO->Ber has overnight trains costing you also just 1 travelday-but also an fairly expensive extra fee for the RES (snall taget).