Interrail Winter Sale -10%

• 18 December 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi,

the Swiss Train Company BLS released, that if you buy an Interrail pass between 22/12/22 to 5/01/23 you get 10% discount on all passes, except One Country Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland and German Rail Pass.

https://www.bls.ch/de/fahren/fahrausweise/abonnemente/interrail

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Nice to see it has all the normal conditions - 85% refundable and 11 months to activate.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Indeed, a pretty good deal! Funny to see how fast this news spreads, even though the sale only starts in a few days. 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Was announced as such in various forums/rail boards weeks ago. Seemingly also on some fb sites (failbook, I never do that)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Actually it is only a ~5% discount as the prices for passes got increased by around 5% by 11th December 2022.

But of course still not bad!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Actually it is only a ~5% discount as the prices for passes got increased by around 5% by 11th December 2022.

I still see the same prices as earlier this year.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Was announced as such in various forums/rail boards weeks ago. Seemingly also on some fb sites (failbook, I never do that)

I haven't seen any announcement anywhere until yesterday, only assumptions. And that's not quite the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I still see the same prices as earlier this year.

Interesting - on Deutsche Bahn they have here https://www.bahn.de/angebot/international/interrail the price list saying valid from 11th December 2022:

and I just compared the price of the 3 month adult ticket and that one went up from 902 to 947 euro.
On the ÖBB website it still shows the old price.
On BLS website it says prices from May 2022 but they are shown in CHF and with current exchange rate it is even more expensive than 947 euro… ^^

And also here they show the new price:

But when clicking on it you get the old ones :-D.

So in that case it is almost a 15% discount ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Interesting as these calculations are, the reality is simply that you save 10% on the price of the day. Hopefully that is on the 2022 prices, before any price rise kicks in, but even if it is on the new price it will still be a welcome saving for many.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Well, thank you for the information. The point was that it still makes a difference whether the old prices are valid or the new ones already published by DB. It seems it is still the old ones luckily - so the discount is better!

Now on the bls website the information for the offer is gone… but probably just because they announced it too early.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now on the bls website the information for the offer is gone… but probably just because they announced it too early.

That has also happened sometimes with similar information on the Belgian railways product sheets website. My suspicion is that as soon as Eurail see such an announcement, they ask it to be removed/hidden until the offer starts.