Skip to main content

I purchased interrail passes for my wife and I ages ago and so I cannot remember precisely what I did.  Presumably, however, I set up an account and then through that purchased both our passes.

We will be travelling out soon and we have now both activated our passes etc.  Everything seems to be in order,   I just realised, however, that whilst I have an account into which I can log in, my wife does not. 

Is this an issue?  Does she need her own account?  Is it advisable for her to have one?  In one respect it would be quite nice not to bother.  We have so many different accounts with so many different passwords, one fewer would be quite nice!

Peter

She doesn’t, works perfectly fine just like that on the app. Activation needs the Pass number, a name and a passport number, but no account on the Interrail website :)

You only need an account on the Interrail website if you buy passes or reservations there. You already have passes, booking reservations via Interrail is best avoided and if you do book there, the best is for 1 person to book all reservations, so still no need for everybody to have their own account.