Solved

Is it possible to exchange an Interrail pass to a Eurail pass?

• 15 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Hi community, I need your urgent help!

I bought an Interrail pass yesterday and realised you couldn't travel more than twice in the country of residency.

I am a Chinese citizen and have a valid passport. I wanted to travel in Sweden but I accidentally put Sweden as the country of residence.

Is there a way to exchange the Interrail pass for a Eurail pass?

Also, is my passport enough to prove my residency outside Europe?

Thank you so much for the answers!

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 June 2022, 09:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suppose that you need to make an exchange of the pass, if the conditions for your pass allow that.

To make an exchange you first purchase a second pass and then send both passnumbers to Customer Support. You will then get a refund of the price of the first pass less a fee of 15 EUR. 

You can ask Customer Support through this form.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

However, Customer Support are currently overloaded with requests so you will probably have to be patient to get help. They are giving priority to people currently travelling and people who will travel within 2 weeks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi community, I need your urgent help!

I bought an Interrail pass yesterday and realised you couldn't travel more than twice in the country of residency.

I am a Chinese citizen and have a valid passport. I wanted to travel in Sweden but I accidentally put Sweden as the country of residence.

Is there a way to exchange the Interrail pass for a Eurail pass?

Also, is my passport enough to prove my residency outside Europe?

Thank you so much for the answers!

What’s your country of residence? Sweden or China? If Sweden, then you can’t change it.

Thank you for the answers! That was helpful!