is the Flexipass worth it for me?

Hello everyone,

I am planning a trip to Switzerland and Germany this summer and trying to decide whether the flexipass is worth purchasing. 

I have calculated 4 days that I will be travelling long distance and believe I will save with the pass, the travel plan for those days are:

• zurich to interlaken
  • interlaken to and from lucerne (in one day)
  • interlaken to munich
  • nuremberg to berlin

So I am thinking of purchasing the 4 days in 1 month pass. 

Just wondering if there is something that I might be missing, additional costs I am not aware of, or whether I am not able to use the pass for some of these routes?

Also what is meant by one month? I will be travelling between August 15-September 5. Is that included as “one month” or does it actually have to be the same month ex. only able to travel in August.

Thank you,

Ilana

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes it is possible. 

Additional costs: on most trains in switzerland and germany seat reservation is optional, and you have to pay if you want a reservation. Some Scenic turist trains in Swiss needs a reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And how do you cover the missing link M-N? (these are the DE=german abbreviations for those cities-also on all carplates).

THere is NOW-untill 31/8 a dirt cheap special 1 month ticket in all of DE for just 9€ but it is NOT valid on the ICE=fast long-dist trains. And you kind of need those for your trips-you can use slower locals, but that will add a lot of time and many changes-and overcrowded trips as well.

In my quick guess-a pass might not save a lot, compared to advance fixed bookings, but it gives you freedom and can do changes last minute. NO extraś are needed as such, but are optional-and the 4,50 for a seat RES might be worth it. Easy to do online via bahn.com-seat only. NOT possible for trips in CH=swiss