Solved

Is there a Greek Islands Mobile Pass?

• 20 May 2022
  • 8 replies

There is an Interrail Greek Islands Pass that is exactly what I am looking for. But the paper pass only arrive in July and my trip is in June. Can we not get a digital version of this ticket? 😱

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 May 2022, 20:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Unfortunately, there's no mobile version of the Greek Islands pass.

You could try to order via Deutsche Bahn, via phone: +49 30 2970. Maybe they can ship faster.

Do you have any idea of what it would take more than a month to ship this to Portugal? I find it so odd.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you have any idea of what it would take more than a month to ship this to Portugal? I find it so odd.

I don't know. Maybe Interrail has bad experience with shipping to (parts of) Portugal? I see they predict 2 July, so 6 weeks from now. The same date for Germany or the UK. But even if I choose Belgium, it's 27 June (still more than 5 weeks). The Netherlands (which I suppose the pass will be sent from) would be 17 June, which is still a ridiculous 4 weeks.

Oh, alright. Nevermind. I was convinced 2 weeks was the standard shipping time. Thank you for taking the time to reply! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The 4-trips is hardly worth the money-you pay roughly same as for just normal fares-and then you have much more choice.

The 6-trip includes the boat to ITaly-that may be worthwhile. But also means backtrack the same route for >1000 KMs.

@mcadv I thought the 4-day counts as 4 full days, not 4 ferry trips. Someone mentioned it here: 

Then again, I see here that Blue Star Ferries includes only FOUR trips, which is confusing: https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/trains-europe/ferries/blue-star-ferries

Thank you for replying. But that is incorrect, I reckon. If you are traveling between major islands it is unlikely you will be paying less than 30EUR per trip. And considering you can get 4 trips for 68EUR you can save quite a bit.

Hey Ana.

Isn’t it 90€ for the 4 day Greek Island Pass?

In any case, if it says 4 travel days and it’s actually 4 trips, then it’s falsely advertised and the answers in the community may need to be corrected. If not falsely advertised, then at least it’s inconsistent, where we have 4 days in one page, and 4 trips on the other due to some error. It’s hard enough to learn how all of this works, now we have inconsistencies as well..