Solved

Italy- Switzerland -paris

• 16 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi I’m travel to this 3 country during December, from  Italy- Switzerland -paris. initially I plan to buy 4 days eurail pass + 6 days SBB pass (first class seat) , if I purchase euro rail 10days pass (first class seat) for Switzerland SBB trains is it included first class seat also? Just need to double confirm before I purchase 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 16 October 2023, 11:43

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes SBB trains (and many others) are covered with the Eurail Pass, including in 1st class.

The main difference is that the Swiss Travel Pass covers buses, trams + Interlaken Ost - Lauterbrunnen/Grindelwald trains while Eurail doesn't.

With both passes you get 25% discount on trains to Jungfraujoch (very expensive!) and cable cars to Schilthorn, etc.

Be aware of the mandatory reservations on top of the Eurail Pass in France and Italy :

- 13€ Frecciarossa

- 13€ EC Italy - Switzerland

- 39€ TGV Switzerland - Paris (10-20€ if you board in France instead, right after the border for example)

It may be better to buy advance tickets for travel within Italy and to Paris : tickets are quite cheap if you buy them now. Then in addition the Swiss Travel Pass. Make some calculations I'd say :)