Solved

Italy trains. Reservations

• 7 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi there, 

We are doing a europe trip in June / July and will be in Italy end of June/ beginning of July. 

For all our other destinations I have been able to see all planned trains for the days and destinations I need. Except when I search for any trains in Italy they do not show up. 

Trips are:

Venice - Rome

Rome - Naples

Naples - Florence

I am wondering if anyone knwhs why available trains are not showing up ? 

Thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by Yorkie 7 March 2023, 09:57

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Italian railways have just started to publish the summer timetables but they aren't complete yet. They're never early doing this. You'll find them on www.trenitalia.com, which is the website to use when planning in Italy. Never use the rail planner app or the Eurail website to plan because they're unreliable and often out of date.

If timetables on your dates are non-existent or look a bit thin, then check on the same day of the week this month to get an idea and verify closer to your journey.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

All your routes are on the Italian high speed network and has regular trains between all these main stations. Reservations (once released) are easily acquired from OBB and Italirail at 3 euro for IC and 10 euro for Freccia,,, high speed trains.