Solved

Kids in first class

• 27 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Is having kids in 1 class “disrespectful” in southern Europe? I feel like 1 class is a bit more like a “business people class” in Italy and Spain. Don’t want to upset any business men who paid a premium price only to get the seat next to a 7 year old

icon

Best answer by seewulf 27 January 2023, 23:15

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is having kids in 1 class “disrespectful” in southern Europe? I feel like 1 class is a bit more like a “business people class” in Italy and Spain. Don’t want to upset any business men who paid a premium price only to get the seat next to a 7 year old

Thats why many Railcompanies started to offer Quietareas within the 1st class :) (In these Areas it´s wise to be silent :) ) 

It´s not disrepectful to have kids in 1st class (You even paid for the 1st class like the Businesstravlers and you dont know how much they paid or did they even paid)  :) I remember my Childhood when my Dad traveled with me 1st class and sometimes even met really nice and child friendly Businessmans and Womens. 

Badge +5

We took our children in first class when they were 5 and 8 around CH and IT. and a couple of times on Eurostar. No problems to report but they both understood how to behave and we never used the quiet zones. Plenty of games kept them amused on the longer trips. On the Italian trip they had chosen the cities we were visiting the younger one wanted to see a volcano and the other chose Venice! 

Badge

Thanks!