Skip to main content

For the train from London do you have to book a train through the Eurostar site and then separately pay for a seat through the eurail app?  I am going to Brussels and am confused.  It seems for the other countries in my trip that maybe I can just buy a 3 day pass to cover my trips from Brussels to cologne,  cologne to frankfurt, and frankfurt to Paris.  But can I just add a 4th day for my London to Brussels train and then just pay for seat reservation and I am set or do I need to pay separately on Eurostars site for train pass (which is ver expensive compared to just adding a 4th day to my eurail pass) and then pay on the eurial app for the seat reservation.

Eurostar needs a 30€ seat reservation + a valid pass day. There is a limited number of seats available per train though (quota). It can sell out weeks in advance. Check availability here :

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

- b-europe 4€ booking fee per order

- eurail.com 2€ booking fee per person per train

Brussels - Cologne : do not take the Thalys train (quota, 27€). Instead use the ICE with optional reservations (but recommended on this line).

Optional seat reservations in Germany (and many other countries) :

- 3€ per train on tickets.oebb.at (free with a 1st class pass)

- 4.50€ per journey on bahn.com

Frankfurt - Paris : 17€ seat reservation for the direct train (+2€ fee on eurail.com)

Let us know for questions

There is no 3-day Eurail Global Pass. The minimum is 4 days.

So is there a way for me to just book a seat reservation through eurostar?  It seems like I will have to pay $50 per day for train passes through the eurail pass (for a 4 day pass so about $200 total) and then on top of that money then I need to also go to the Eurostar site and book a seat reservation somewhere for the london to brussels train?  I see on the Eurostar website that I can get a ‘standard’ pass through Eurostar for $274.  If I book that is that all I need and that includes a seat reservation and everything or do I still need to pay separately for a seat reservation or other things.  Or is there a way to do it cheaper where I can use my $50 day pass from Eurail for this train and then just pay a cheaper amount for a seat reservation on the Eurostar site or something?

You can buy the 30€ seat reservation online but not through eurostar.com. Either on eurail.com when you've bought a pass (2€ booking fee) or on b-europe link above (4€ booking fee per order). You don't need a pass to check availability on b-europe

What is your travel date ? Let us know and we'll have a look. As Eurostar has a quota in place, please double-check. 274 USD (regular ticket) surely means that only a few seats are left (and thus no quota for Interrail/Eurail passholders).

For Brussels - Cologne - Frankfurt seat reservations are easy.

For Frankfurt - Paris 17€ seat reservation through eurail.com. No quota but these trains can sell out a few days in advance. What is your travel date ?

Eurostar is the most important part (as you could see).

I need to get from London to Brussels in the afternoon on may 30th.

No Eurostar trains have remaining passholder seats that day I'm afraid. As said the quota can sell out weeks in advance, esp. between holiday weekends like right now.

First availability : Wednesday 31st morning.

If you need to travel on 30th May :

- Flixbus London - Bruges 10:30 - 18:50 45€ (takes the ferry) and then one of many trains to Brussels

- bite the bullet and pay 236€ (regular ticket) for the last seats on a Eurostar train. Most trains are sold out.

In any case book ASAP. The Channel is a big bottleneck and Brexit doesn't help...

Let us know