Solved

Lost phone with mobile pass while traveling

• 27 August 2021
  • 11 replies

I’m traveling with an Interrail pass and I’ve lost my phone. I got a new phone but need to activate my pass on it now. My order number is IN30302962. I cannot reach any customer service and I will need to use my last travel day on 29/08!  I need help!

icon

Best answer by seewulf 27 August 2021, 14:14

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Contact them via Facebook, Twitter or this form https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new there is nothing else you can do :/

They were amazing and got back to me very quickly! The pass got reset And I'm good to go. 

Thanks for your reply and this information Seewulf!

I’m traveling with an Interrail pass and got robbed in Milan.I got a new phone but need to activate my pass on it now. My order number is IN30297519. I cannot reach any customer service and I need quick help!!

Same story. Did not get robbed but had to reset my phone and now I need a pass reset. My order number is IN30238477.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Iris Dijkstra  @Mahdi  

Please send a private message to @Nanja  with your Ordernumber and your email used for booking. Please don´t publish yor details here :)

ontop you can open a case via this form 🙂Service Case form

Badge

I recently started a three-month mobile pass. I really regret not having bought the paper pass. It is very freaky to realise that there is no dedicated phone number with someone there 24/7, or better, a completely automated service accessible from any computer via one’s Eurail/Interrail account, to deal with events like these when a replacement pass is needed.
I sent an unrelated question, but still a legitimate question, to Customer Support and five days later I only have a pre-written reply that they will try and reply as soon as they can.
This makes me a very anxious traveler now (which shouldn’t be...Interrail is supposed to be stress-free!). I”m afraid that any incident to your device (theft, loss, dead battery, breakage, whatever) will turn your holiday into a lot of pain. They need to address this issue ASAP and I can be confident that it is not just my opinion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Requests are prioritised based on urgency. People currently travelling with a problem will be helped first.  Sometimes even the same day. People who ask something that can also be found on the website may have to wait a long time.

Badge

I asked for the cover pass number for my mobile pass so that I can make reservations. The pass is already active and obviously that’s an answer I can’t find on the website.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I asked for the cover pass number for my mobile pass so that I can make reservations. The pass is already active and obviously that’s an answer I can’t find on the website.

If you're in a hurry to book, then, if you say which train(s) you'd like to book (origin, destination, date, departure time), then people can suggest alternative ways of booking.

Badge

Well, there’s not many alternative ways to book, other than going to a train station in the country you’re in with the pass cover number, which I don’t have. For reservations for travel in other countries, walk-in is not really practical.
Trenitalia for instance used to have a “Global Pass” option on the online shop that automatically would return the price for the reservation only. That’s been removed in favor of the Eurail/Interrail own reservation page.
I’m on my 25th (or so) Interrail ticket, plus thousands of regular train tickets, so I think by now I figured how things work. And I regret choosing the mobile pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Well, there’s not many alternative ways to book, other than going to a train station in the country you’re in with the pass cover number, which I don’t have. For reservations for travel in other countries, walk-in is not really practical.

There are often more options than just that. Not all railways are like the customer-hostile Spanish railways.

Trenitalia for instance used to have a “Global Pass” option on the online shop that automatically would return the price for the reservation only. That’s been removed in favor of the Eurail/Interrail own reservation page.

Trenitalia reservations for day trains can now be done online via ÖBB (do NOT use the "Seat only” option but add the "Interrail / Eurail” discount). Also in many other countries by phone or at the ticket office.