Solved

Lucerne to Interlaken 1st class seat

• 10 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I am trying to book a ticket from Luzern to Interlaken on 14th May morning, 

It says reservation is not required, so if I am not purchasing this seat reservation then,

1. If seat reservations are unnecessary, can I just board a first-class compartment and choose any seat which is free(available)?
  1. If yes, how can I identify vacant seats as I travel from one point to another?
  1. If no, where can I find seating without having to stand for the duration of the journey, considering that I haven't purchased a seat reservation?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 10 April 2024, 23:38

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

1 Yes, board the train and find a free seat. Swiss people never make seat reservations. 

2/3 Reserved seats should be indicated with a display or note saying from where to where the seat is reserved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

These reservations are just a waste of money IMO. Only part of the seats in this train can be booked and indeed the Swiss themselves don't book.

1 Yes, board the train and find a free seat. Swiss people never make seat reservations. 

2/3 Reserved seats should be indicated with a display or note saying from where to where the seat is reserved. 

@AnnaB @rvdborgt  This means that I can board into a first class compartment as well ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@AnnaB @rvdborgt  This means that I can board into a first class compartment as well ?

Sure, if you have a first class pass, then you can sit on any free seat.