Mobile pass night train issue

• 15 July 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi! I have a short question. I am currently on the sleeper Warsaw-Prague (IC407 till Bohumin, then another number because the wagon joins another train, arrival Prague at 7.32)

The conductor wanted, next to my bed-reservation, the mobile pass as well. I can’t give him my phone for the entire night (it’s locked anyway). That means, according to the conductor, that I have to get up at 02.00 in Bohumin, to show the new staff my mobile pass….

Does someone know how to prevent this so I can just sleep through the night?

Thanks a lot!

Camilo. 7 months ago

Hi all, 

The carriers have been contacted, and they have confirmed that passengers of a night train who are travelling in seats rather than a sleeping cabin would have their passes checked more than once. Passengers who are travelling in sleepers or couchettes shouldn't be checked overnight and should only be checked once.

We will investigate further this situation. 

Have a nice day! 

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@rxalthuizen  this is a situation that i already told about in several question posts  of the advantages and disadvantages of these mobile passes :/ The only option is to get a paperpass on these trains :/ as you can give them the paperpass :)

sorry but they will wake you up on the train :/ as till Bohumin a polish conductor is ticket responsible and from Bohumin a czech one takes over to Prague

@Nanja  there must be a solution for this problem :)

@rxalthuizen  this is a situation that i already told about in several question posts  of the advantages and disadvantages of these mobile passes :/ The only option is to get a paperpass on these trains :/ as you can give them the paperpass :)

sorry but they will wake you up on the train :/ as till Bohumin a polish conductor is ticket responsible and from Bohumin a czech one takes over to Prague

@Nanja  there must be a solution for this problem :)

Okay, thanks a lot, good to know :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

there must be a solution for this problem :)

I agree. this is a BIG disadvantage when using night trains on a mobile pass, which people should be informed about before choosing between mobile and paper pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, thanks for your feedback. We will take it along when improving our products. Unfortunately, at the moment, it is unavoidable to be checked at night. From experiences I know that this is most common in Eastern Europe. Hopefully you will be able to catch up some sleep soon :relaxed:. Enjoy the rest of your trip! 

Hi - I had this problem in Poland and Serbia last summer - it took a lot of persuading to get the ticket office to sell me night train tickets in the first place :)

Interrail - in the spirit of openness, please could you make this clear on your website, as a disadvantage associated with a mobile pass? It’s OK if it can be expected, but where unexpected it can create come nasty experiences.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi - I had this problem in Poland and Serbia last summer - it took a lot of persuading to get the ticket office to sell me night train tickets in the first place :)

Interrail - in the spirit of openness, please could you make this clear on your website, as a disadvantage associated with a mobile pass? It’s OK if it can be expected, but where unexpected it can create come nasty experiences.

I will take a look on what we have improved so far in this matter. 

@Camilo. a simple solution would be to add it to the paper vs. mobile pass comparison page:

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/interrail-mobile-pass/mobile-vs-paper

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all, 

The carriers have been contacted, and they have confirmed that passengers of a night train who are travelling in seats rather than a sleeping cabin would have their passes checked more than once. Passengers who are travelling in sleepers or couchettes shouldn't be checked overnight and should only be checked once.

We will investigate further this situation. 

Have a nice day!