Skip to main content

Hello! I will be traveling to England and Paris over this upcoming May. My question is, when I buy a Eurail Pass, 4 days within 1 month pass for example, am I able to use that pass in England and France (including using the high-speed train from London to Paris)? Plan is to fly into London, take a train to York from London, go from York to Paris (connecting through London), and then Paris to Nice. 

That is all possible. Do check availability on Eurostar before you buy your pass, e.g. here:

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

Great! When I get a Eurail pass, is that a one time fee that includes all the trains? Or do I need to book the high speed train separately from the pass?

Seat reservations are not included in the pass, so always count a surplus for the most high speed trains (Mainly TGV (=France), AVE (=Spain), Frecce (=Italy), Thalys and Eurostar have relatively high seat reservation cost).

Seat reservations in the UK for domestic trains, are for Free, and can be booked at the LNER-website (for your connection London-York)

Best compare ordinary prices with the cost of a pass+seat reservations. In ordinary TGV and Eurostar tickets, the seat reservation is already included.

All relevant information about seat reservation, can be found here: