No confirmation for booking reservations and what do I need to show when going to the train?

Hey,

I need what is probably just step by step instructions on how to use Eurail. I’m in North France wanting to catch a train south West. I have found the train I want and no seat reservation is needed. I have clicked the right time but then nothing happens, there is no confirmation to say it’s done and I’m not sure if this is booked or not. I’m ver confused.

Also, when going to the train, do I need to show a ticket/scan code or anything?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you created a journey in "My trip" for the train and connect that trip to your pass? Then you can create the QR code which is your ticket. 

Here is a detailed guide. 

https://www.eurail.com/en/eurail-passes/eurail-mobile-pass/getting-started

Thank you @AnnaB, it appears I need my pass number which I am missing (like others I have read from). I believe once I have this, I can link my trip to it which therein gives me ability to get QR code.

I am just not sure being a Saturday here in France, how long it will take to get.

I appreciate your reply,

Many thanks :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@OzGypsy 

Your pass number was sent to you in the confirmation mail that you got when you bought the pass.

The pass number is not the same as the Pass Cover Number, that people are asking for here in the community.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you can't find the confirmation mail, the mobile pass number is also mentioned in the Eurail account, in the Order overview. Look for your order and click on "View traveller information”.

I have discovered that I am not connected to my mobile pass and need my paper pass cover number in order to proceed. Very confusing as I thought I had already set this up when I received my confirmation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have discovered that I am not connected to my mobile pass and need my paper pass cover number in order to proceed. Very confusing as I thought I had already set this up when I received my confirmation.

You don't need a paper pass number to activate a mobile pass. If you're in a screen that asks for it, then you're in the wrong screen.

Have you followed the activation steps outlined here?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@OzGypsy 

Have you switch phones since you received your confirmation email and made the set up?

@AnnaB no I haven’t. I did just delete and redownload it to see if that helped but when I went to set it up again the app told me I already a pass connected.

Thank you both so much!!! After getting so frustrated, it finally showed my tix!!!! Bloody awesome! Moments like these make you grow in your travel adventures!!!