Solved

Oslo to Tromso - Does the One Country Pass Norway cover this trip?

• 24 December 2021
  • 2 replies

I live in Malmo, Sweden and will travel in Oslo in Jan. I wish to also travel from Oslo to Tromso. Does one country pass cover that travel because google search does not show any train from Oslo to Tromso. I also have an opinion that north Norway train network is not connected to rest of Norway.

is it useful to buy one country pass for Norway, 3 days for this travel. I will just go and come back to Malmo via Oslo.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 24 December 2021, 22:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Tromsø is not connected to the rail network. From Oslo, the farthest you can get is Bodø. From there (or from Fauske), you'll need to get a bus, which is not covered by Interrail.

Also, your travel in Sweden is not covered by a one country pass; you'll better buy a global pass. If you're just making one return trip, buying normal tickets can be cheaper, especially when you know in advance which trains you want to take.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

FROm Skane and wanting to go to Tromsoe asap-go via your own country (Its VY train from STO) to Narvik and use bus from there. Look at a decent map and discover that from Fauske/Bodoe you will also have to go via Narvik-its on the Lofoten isles. the site rutebok.no is the universal NO travelplanner for train/trikk/buss/faerje. It used to be-before 2000, the monthly all-Norske printed book timetable.