Skip to main content

I live in Malmo, Sweden and will travel in Oslo in Jan. I wish to also travel from Oslo to Tromso. Does one country pass cover that travel because google search does not show any train from Oslo to Tromso. I also have an opinion that north Norway train network is not connected to rest of Norway.

is it useful to buy one country pass for Norway, 3 days for this travel. I will just go and come back to Malmo via Oslo.

Tromsø is not connected to the rail network. From Oslo, the farthest you can get is Bodø. From there (or from Fauske), you'll need to get a bus, which is not covered by Interrail.

Also, your travel in Sweden is not covered by a one country pass; you'll better buy a global pass. If you're just making one return trip, buying normal tickets can be cheaper, especially when you know in advance which trains you want to take.

FROm Skane and wanting to go to Tromsoe asap-go via your own country (Its VY train from STO) to Narvik and use bus from there. Look at a decent map and discover that from Fauske/Bodoe you will also have to go via Narvik-its on the Lofoten isles. the site rutebok.no is the universal NO travelplanner for train/trikk/buss/faerje. It used to be-before 2000, the monthly all-Norske printed book timetable.