Solved

Outbound- will change trains cost two travel days?

Hello all, 

I have been trying to find an answer to this but it is honestly too confusing.

I will try to keep it short: 

I have the 7 days within 1 month pass.
I want to travel from Stockholm (home) to Berlin.

In the rail planner I can take the train from Stockholm at 17 on a thursday, but I will have to change trains in Germany the next day (friday) before finally arriving in Berlin in the morning. Will this then deduct 2 travel days or 1 because I had to change trains on friday?

icon

Best answer by Hektor 27 June 2022, 20:11

View original

2 replies

Hello all, 

I have been trying to find an answer to this but it is honestly too confusing.

I will try to keep it short: 

I have the 7 days within 1 month pass.
I want to travel from Stockholm (home) to Berlin.

In the rail planner I can take the train from Stockholm at 17 on a thursday, but I will have to change trains in Germany the next day (friday) before finally arriving in Berlin in the morning. Will this then deduct 2 travel days or 1 because I had to change trains on friday?

You’ll need two travel days.

But depending on your travel date there’s also a direct night train to Berlin. You’d need just one travel day for this one (if it’s running on your selected date).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The other one is likely snalltaget-surcharge of 199SEK for seat on passes. SJ charges 155-and runs only to Hamburg, start sept. However-depending on your day-SJ also offers all-in seat for about 300SEK=may work out cheaper as passday

Note that now-untill late aug-IN DE there is the 9€ MONTHly ticet -but only valid on local trains/trams/bus-thats quite a long+hard slug Hambg-Berl. on those.