Solved

Paper pass

Hi all,

Recently I bought and received a paper global pass for 7 days in 1 month. You can connect your paper pass in the app and choose to record your trips in either one. My question is as follows: if I wanted to register them in both at the same time, would that be a problem? I like the paper pass as a memento for later, but the app is also very practical. If I would record a trip in the app, but also on my paper pass, would that be wrong?

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 2 February 2023, 21:12

View original

10 replies

I don't think it's a problem. You've done just more than you had to do. But if you'll write it down anyway there's no need to show your smartphone, too. So the conductor won't even know that you did both. And the app can't know that you did write on paper, too...

I don't think it's a problem. You've done just more than you had to do. But if you'll write it down anyway there's no need to show your smartphone, too. So the conductor won't even know that you did both. And the app can't know that you did write on paper, too...

Exactly! Thanks for your answer. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

As far as I know the possibility to choose if you want to My Trip in the app instead of writing on paper when you have a paper pass has been removed as of 1st of January 2023. So you must use the paper pass to record your travels.

You can also record your journeys in the app, but without connection to the pass, just to get the statistics.

As far as I know the possibility to choose if you want to My Trip in the app instead of writing on paper when you have a paper pass has been removed as of 1st of January 2023. So you must use the paper pass to record your travels.

Interesting. Is this written somewhere? Because in the german version of the app I still have the possibility to add a paper pass. And it would be possible to add a concrete pass number. So it does look the same as before...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Interesting. Is this written somewhere? Because in my german version of the app I still have the possibility to add a paper pass. And it would be possible to add a concrete pass number. So it does look the same as before...

I read it somewhere. I'll try to find it. The problem with combining a paper pass with having the journeys recorded in My Trip has been that the ticket inspectors have asked for a QR code, and not accepted the paper pass for some travellers. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Hektor 

The information regarding paper passes on interrail.eu has been changed and the information about the possibility to use My Trip in the app with a paper pass has been removed. 

https://www.interrail.eu/en/interrail-passes/what-is-interrail/how-use-your-interrail-pass

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Camilo. @Mukhammad Is the information that paper passes no longer can/should be used with My Trip in the app correct?

Then it's funny that it's still possible to use the app for this. I just did try it. It works up to the final step. And in my version, it's also still written (in german) that it's possible to choose. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Haste also noch immer eine Halbpreis vom letzten Jahr (habe ich auch)?. Dann ist es bloss dort nicht geaendert. Und ja-die DE die ja immer auf alles bestaetigen und nicht akzeptieren wollen dass……..

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

@Camilo. @Mukhammad Is the information that paper passes no longer can/should be used with My Trip in the app correct?

Dear @AnnaB 

This is correct. From January the 1st, its is not possible any longer to fill the trips from a Paper Pass in the App. 

Then it's funny that it's still possible to use the app for this. I just did try it. It works up to the final step. And in my version, it's also still written (in german) that it's possible to choose. 

Hi @Hektor y

If you added the Paper Pass prior the option was turned off, it will still work. 

Have a nice day!