Solved

Pass cover generator for Eurail is generating an interail number

• 7 July 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m using b-europe.com and trying to purchase a ticket.

I have a Eurail global pass. I noticed 3 days ago a post in the forum that says the pass cover number generator is live. I clicked the link https://www.eurail.com/en/book-reservations#/generatePassCoverNumber which is for Eurail but when I put in my pass number I get back a number that starts with the letter ‘I’. 

I think this might be a mistake because b-europe is expecting an ‘E’ at the start I think and I have a Eurail global pass.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 July 2022, 00:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Indeed, a Eurail pass cover number should start with an E. But since it won't be printed on the reservation, it doesn't really matter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

This should not matter. The PCN is not printed on the reservation. 

Badge

Hi @rvdborgt and @AnnaB. Thanks for replying.

But I can’t book a ticket with b-europe.com because it asks for my name and surname  but it also asks for a pass cover number and without a correct pass cover number, I’m unable to proceed any further and can’t book the ticket. (also, I don’t have a paper pass, I have a mobile pass).

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But I can’t book a ticket with b-europe.com because it asks for my name and surname  but it also asks for a pass cover number and without a correct pass cover number, I’m unable to proceed any further and can’t book the ticket.

Why can't you proceed any further? Is there an error message? If so, please post a screenshot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Doesn't the PCN starting with an I and 8 digits that you got from the PCN generator work?

Badge

Hi @AnnaB. Nope. On the b-europe website it asks you the date and time for your journey and it asks what ticket you have - there are four options Eurail 1st, Eurail 2nd, Interrail 1st, Interrail 2nd. So I chose Eurail 1st which is what I have.

Then it asks for my name and the pass cover number and it won’t accept the pass cover number that is generated starting with ‘I’. 

And my number that is generated is I2xx7xx7.

It is one letter ‘I’ and 7 digits.

I have tried in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Then it asks for my name and the pass cover number and it won’t accept the pass cover number that is generated starting with ‘I’. 

And my number that is generated is I2xx7xx7.

It should be an I (or an E) and 8 digits. I11111111 also works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I just tried. 

Badge

@AnnaB and @rvdborgt that works. 

Thanks