Solved

Pass disappeared

• 16 June 2021
  • 7 replies

I have purchased and activated a 3 day in 1 month Poland Mobile Interrail Pass in first class. The activation process went smoothly. I added my 1st travel day and selected the itinerary. I was able to display the barcoded ticket. With this I obtained my reservations for my journey to Gdańsk from Warsaw.

The next day on the morning of travel the pass had disappeared from the app. It was prompting me to add a pass (which of course I already had without issue). The only way to have the pass reappear was to delete and reinstall the app. The pass is now showing but it will not let me add any journeys and will not display a barcoded ticket for the pass.

I am furious. There is no support and no advice from Eurrail whatsoever. Reading the terms and conditions they try and wash their hands of ANY problems with the app. Basically you are on your own subject to being fined by the train operator because you cannot provide a valid ticket because the app is faulty and useless.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

Right now I have a pass I cannot use and Eurrail/Interrail MIGHT get back to me in two working days. What a disgrace!

icon

Best answer by Steph LDN 17 June 2021, 16:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do let us know what happened later, e.g. what (if any) help Eurail offered. If you have any additional costs because of your problems, do claim them from Eurail and let us know how they reacted.

Later on during the day the pass suddenly began to work again; however, the replies from Eurail were not helpful. They wanted me to enable error logging and send error logs etc for analysis. This is all mid-travel remember! Meanwhile, I was expected to pay for point to point tickets and claim reimbursement. Lucky enough, I have not had to as the pass did begin to work again. It was a stressful experience on a travel day. Eurail should make sure their product is fit for purpose and there is timely assistance if problems occur.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Later on during the day the pass suddenly began to work again; however, the replies from Eurail were not helpful. They wanted me to enable error logging and send error logs etc for analysis. This is all mid-travel remember! Meanwhile, I was expected to pay for point to point tickets and claim reimbursement. Lucky enough, I have not had to as the pass did begin to work again. It was a stressful experience on a travel day. Eurail should make sure their product is fit for purpose and there is timely assistance if problems occur.

I'm glad it has solved itself quickly. Nonetheless, the feedback you've shared is valuable to us and we are eager to take it along when further improving our product and service. Enjoy the rest of your trip! 

We are having lots of trouble with the app, too. We have spent hours trying to get the two passes to work (phones are up to date-- that’s not the issue).  Right now, I have managed to get the reservations for three of our travel days to show up, but the app is “charging us” two travel days for the initial day’s trip.  I have deleted the trips and added them s well as the first day of travel many times, to no avail. The first day of travel (next Tuesday––today is Friday!) continues to be credited as two travel days. Very, very frustrating!  I have tried multiple times to get support help. The Bot helper is useless, and all I can get is an email saying that they are busy and somebody will probably get back to us within 4 days!

I’m about ready to ask for a refund, but maybe we could make a paper pass work as an alternative.  We really feel that we made a mistake in purchasing the flexi pass (7 days of travel in one month). Nothing but added stress.

Hello Steph LDN

I had quite a few issues using the Mobile Pass, too, though not the kind you described.

You may find the app behaving differently depending on whether you have a data connection (mobile data or WiFi). It seems if the app detects a data connection then it tries to link to some online resource cycling through its “please wait pictograms” whereas it goes straight through to the desired app screen if you are offline.

I also discovered that you can add only a SINGLE “trip” (as stored under “MyTrips” to a pass and have to add ALL your journeys to this one trip. That’s what threw me, and like yourself, just before I was due to travel.

Given the option in future, I will definitely get a paper pass. All that electronic stuff is great when it works but, frankly, its so unreliable that it just is not worth the worry when problems happen during the journey.

Good luck and safe journey.

I am having the same issues. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. The app is basically useless unless you get your tickets many days ahead of time… One of the worst apps I have ever used. I hope Eurail fixes it soon.

I’m experiencing difficulties with the app as well and wish I had gotten the paper pass as usual. Can you stay on the topic and advise if Interrail/Eurail is going to fix the issue soon? This is quite troublesome as @Susan Hurley-Glowa and @rvdborgt mentioned...