Solved

Pass expired, while it has been extended by interrail!

• 9 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

My pass was automatically extended in 2021 until August 31, 2022, to activate, by covid 19. But now it just plainly says that my pass has expired!!!

I contacted customer service and they provided the following solution.
Add my pass to the trip, but as a paper pass and not as a mobile pass. Only, yes, then you must enter a start date on which you want to use the pass.
At the moment I really don't know when I will travel, probably sometime in early September.

Are there any people who have come across this, that their automatically extended pass is now casually indicated as expired?
And who can't use their pass now? Or possibly want to make a seat reservation via the interrail website, but which is not possible.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 9 April 2022, 21:45

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have a pass cover number, you can add a pass in your Interrail account and enter a random start date in the future. Or even that you have no start date yet. That should work to make reservations.

Badge

Same problem with (cov19) extended mobile pass.

Would be interesting to know why interrail do not issue pass cover numbers with mobile passes.

Badge

The interrail web portal signs out of the account when attempting to create a trip with the extended mobile passes, on logging back in the trip is greyed out as expired. Attempted to add the extended mobile passes to a recently purchased mobile pass web account but they are flagged as expired on the trip menu. 

Badge

Presumably I need the pass cover numbers and a civ code for the three mobile passes to utilise the web based reservation portal.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

If you have a pass cover number, you can add a pass in your Interrail account and enter a random start date in the future. Or even that you have no start date yet. That should work to make reservations.

Thank you @rvdborgt !!

I've tried it in the meantime, and there's only one small problem.
You now have the option to indicate that you do not know a start date yet, but then you must indicate the date that you bought the pass.
Bought this in January 2021. So if I enter this date, I get a message that this pass is no longer valid to make reservations.

I sent an email to customer service to ask what date I should enter when I bought the pass.

Now, eventually I will only use the interrail reservation service as a backup. Because of the 2 euro booking fee per ticket.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I've tried it in the meantime, and there's only one small problem.
You now have the option to indicate that you do not know a start date yet, but then you must indicate the date that you bought the pass.
Bought this in January 2021. So if I enter this date, I get a message that this pass is no longer valid to make reservations.

I'd say then enter a later date. As long as you have a reservation and a valid pass, you're OK,