Pass from Belgium to Sweden

• 9 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Should i get a interrail pass from Belgium to Gothenburg (Sweden)? Or is it cheaper to buy a ticket per trip? 

Thanks to all! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I suppose that will depend on how far you can book in advance and what your age is. You can find prices for the complete journey via the DB website (enter your real starting station in Belgium).

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The minimum for an Interrail Pass is the 5 days in a month pass. If you have to use also other days to get back home or for some trip in Sweden (if you are not from Sweden). 

5 days in 1 month from 212€ (for under 28y and over 60y) or 282€ for all others.

For a “normal” Ticket, you can book this relation via Deutsche Bahn bahn.de. You have to search for Göteborg and not Gothenburg. 

I can find super saver tickets from Brussel to Gothenburg for next week from 69,90€. You need 17 hours for this trip.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The minimum for an Interrail Pass is the 5 days in a month pass. If you have to use also other days to get back home or for some trip in Sweden (if you are not from Sweden). 

5 days in 1 month from 212€ (for under 28y and over 60y) or 282€ for all others.

Actually 4 days/month for 185/246 EUR.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Actually 4 days/month for 185/246 EUR.

Yes, sure my mistake

Thanks to all for your replies! I’m going there on holiday, so i need a ticket for the way back as well. I hoped to visit some cities on the way, will the days be counted down while spending some nights on the way there or only the train bit? I guess the 5 days one will be a good option, for 212€ as i’m 24 years old.

Thanks again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thanks to all for your replies! I’m going there on holiday, so i need a ticket for the way back as well. I hoped to visit some cities on the way, will the days be counted down while spending some nights on the way there or only the train bit?

For the flexible passes, you have a number of travel days you can use within a certain period, such as 5 days within one month. You will then only use travel days when you use the train.

There are also continuous passes, but these only start from 15 days.

Is the “Interrail Global Pass”, a flexible ticket?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Is the “Interrail Global Pass”, a flexible ticket?

The global pass comes in both flavours. Check the overview: the flexible passes are the ones where it says X days in Y months. The other ones are the continuous passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

3 choices to get the IR Pass

Global or one country pass
Flexible or Continouspass
Timeperiod of validity