Skip to main content

So myself and my  teenage child are heading to Norway in July we fly in to Bodo  and will be travelling via train over a 4 week period in to the middle of August. Norway has an 8 day within one month pass so do i need to count how many days travel for July then how many days travel for August and buy a different pass for both months or does the month just mean 30/31 days. I am so confused

The pass can start on any day and is then valid for 1 month, e.g. 15 July until 14 August.

Should i just buy a global pass in the sale for 2 months instead?Evan though i am only using the train in Norway it seems cheaper

Should i just buy a global pass in the sale for 2 months instead?Evan though i am only using the train in Norway it seems cheaper

8 days/1 month in Norway costs €295.

7 days/2 months global pass costs €316 in the current sale.

10 days/2 months global pass costs €378 in the current sale.

I'm not sure why a global pass would seem cheaper, unless you live quite far away from the UK airport you will use, so you could e.g. use the 10 days/2 months pass to travel to/from that airport.

Note that by default the interrail site shows youth prices for global passes and adult prices for one-country passes, which might cause some confusion when comparing.