Solved

Pass Spain

• 15 September 2022
  • 7 replies

Hello, I want to travel to Barcelona 4 days a week, return on the same day, departure from Montpellier (France). Does the pass cover the outward and return journey with renfe SNCF ? Thanks you

Bonjour, Je souhaite voyager à barcelone 4 jours par semaine allez-retour le même jours, départ montpellier (France). Est-ce que le pass couvre l'allez puis le retour avec la renfe SNCF ? Merci

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 15 September 2022, 11:19

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can only travel in France on 2 of your travel days and only if you have a global pass. If you have a Spain pass you can only travel within Spain.

With the pass I can not return to France?

I would like a pass that allows me to do 3 or 4 round trips Montpellier-Barcelona

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no such Interrail pass.

With a global pass you can travel on a maximum of two travel days in your home country.

With a One Country pass, which you can't buy for your own country, you have no travel days in your home country. 

With the 10 day two month global pass can I make 8 round trips Montpellier (France) Barcelona?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

With the 10 day two month global pass can I make 8 round trips Montpellier (France) Barcelona?

No. You can NEVER travel on more than 2 travel days in your home country (France), no matter if you have a 4 day global flexible pass or a 3 month global continuous pass. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

PLUS that all the fast TGV (the pride of state-run burocratic France) needs to RES-and this, together with cost of passday, may even cost more as a cheapish advance ticket.

TER-Occitanie offer very cheap weekend tickets in september, mostly only 1€, but thats TER only.

IF you really want to take such long and expensive returns so often, go in line for counter of the state-run burocratic SNCF and have them find something that may suit you. I however have the feeling that renting a room in Bcn will work out cheaper.