Solved

Passes have now paper code or QR code

I bought and received 4 pass for our family trip this summer. I am trying to enter our information in the Eurail app but NONE of the passes have a “Pass #” of any type.

I’ve read the instructions about them beginning with an I or E, followed by an 8 digit number. I’ve gone online and looked at pictures of what these numbers should look like and where they should be located. All four of our passes are blank in that area. I’ve even scanned the barcode that is on the left side of the pass to see if that was it but this is just a 7 digit number.

The only numbers on the passes are at the top and they look like this “CIV 9901 EU304….. -1”  but all four have the same number and are just sequenced -1, -2, -3, -4

In the image below is this not were the number is supposed to be?

Number location

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 June 2022, 04:55

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Take a look at this image

https://auscapade.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/IMG_2800.jpg

The Pass cover number is printed on the glossy cover on the right hand side of the travel diary section.

Thanks for the reply… but that area is blank too.. Is this number printed on this part when it is activated at a station? If so that means I can’t use the app until it’s activated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The pass cover numbers moved last year. They're still on the cover (i.e. not on the ticket) but on the back side, above the QR code.

The pass cover numbers moved last year. They're still on the cover (i.e. not on the ticket) but on the back side, above the QR code.

Well damn…. I feel like a moron now 😄. I even saw that page when I was searching. I was getting so frustrated and I was just skimming stuff at that point - my mind just kind of went:

“I bought my pass in 2022 not 2021 so this must not apply to what I’m looking for” and I moved on with out really processing what I was reading…

Thank you so much for pointing this out to me!