Planning beforehand or leaving it open?

Hey peepz,

I recently bought my Ticket and i am not sure if i should fix my trip from the beginning on destinationswise or if i should leave it open?

Also i was wondering how the seat Reservation thingy works bc it says in the railplaner that for many trains it is required so I probably can't just jump in every train that I would like to take...? 

Its my first time with interrail and I am excited but also would love to hear sth from you to not be totally lost …

Thank you a lot in advance 🙏🏼

Best wishes, paddy

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Depends from Country to Country 

Spain,France,Italy need Reservations for highspeed Services but in Italy and France you have often a reservation free (slower & more changes) Route with Fast and regionaltrains. 

In Germany Switzerland Austria Czech Republic reservations are not compulsory

and in Poland they are quite cheap just 1€ 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I recently bought my Ticket and i am not sure if i should fix my trip from the beginning on destinationswise or if i should leave it open?

You don't have to fix anything in advance. Although if you want to use trains that require a reservation, it may be wise to book these in advance because such trains may get fully booked or (for TGVs to/from France) the Interrail quota can sell out.